Toshiba Dynadock U
Released January, 2009
The Pros:S/PDIF port for up to 7.1 surround sound. Universal - can be used with any laptop. Up to 3 displays.
The Cons:Windows only. Not a true port replicating dock - all data through USB means the computers video card will not be used to render video / 3D rendered applications.
The Toshiba Dynadock U is a universal USB docking station offered by Toshiba that offers much more than USB connectivity. This device allows multiple accessories, external monitors and a sound system to be connected to your laptop or desktop computer with one cable.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
For laptop users, the Dynadock U makes it simple to dock/undock from home or office accessories saving valuable time and avoiding the frustration of tangled cables. The built-in HD digital video card connects to a HD monitor and allows up to 3 displays to be used simultaneously. The built in digital card connects high quality 7.1 surround sound throught the S/PDIF port. There is also a Ethernet LAN port and 3.5 mm jacks for headphones and microphones. This is compatiable with all versioins of Windows XP and Vista and contains six USB 2.0 ports, including two front "sleep and charge" capable ports, which can supply power even if the PC is off. To make undocking as simple and safe as possible, there is a very convenient "undock" button. The Toshiba Dynadock U is 'hot-swappable', allowing devices to be added and removed without rebooting the PC.
- One cable connection from your PC to all your devices
- Universal compatibility with all Windows-based PCs
- Built-in HD Digital Video card supports up to 1920x1200 resolution
- Built-in Digital Audio card adds virtual 7.1 surround sound though S/PDIF port
- Space-saving upright slim design reduces cable clutter
- View up to three displays simultaneously
- Six USB 2.0 ports (two front Sleep-and-Charge)
- Hot swappable
- Easily and safely undock with undock button
- Dimensions and weight: 1.8” x 3.1” x 8.75” ; 1.13 lb
- Ports: six USB 2.0, S/PDIF, LAN, VGA, DVI, microphone, headphone and lock slot
- In the box: One Toshiba dynadock, base plate, USB cable, AC Adapter and CD-ROM
Minimum System Requirements:
- PC with 1.2GHz processor
- Windows Vista or XP with SP1
- 512MB of RAM
- USB 2.0 port
- 30MB disk space
- CD-ROM drive
- 1-year limited warranty
User Reviews (2)
S/PDIF port for up to 7.1 surround sound
universal - can be used with any laptop
2 always-on USB ports allow for peripherals to be charge while laptop is off
easy to use physical eject button
can replace expensive USB-driven monitors for a fraction of the cost (for those that need more than 1 additional monitor for their laptop)
not a true port replicating dock - all data through USB means the computers video card will not be used to render video / 3D rendered applications
You may also like...